The Michigan Baseball Foundation was established to promote investment and vibrancy in downtown Midland and support local youth organizations in the Great Lakes Bay Region. MBF aims to revitalize and reinvigorate the region and promote greater economic and civic prosperity.
MBF is a Michigan 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity, in accordance with the IRS, formed for the purpose of supporting regional youth organizations. The foundation received initial funding from the following sources:
- Dow Corning Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company Foundation
- The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation
- The Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation
- The Charles J. Strosacker Foundation
- The Bill and Linda Stavropoulos Foundation